Imagine all the bacteria, sweat, and overall odor that builds up on your mattress over the course of months—even years. Since most mattresses aren’t washable, it may seem impossible to give it the deep cleaning treatment it desperately needs. Fortunately, we found a quick fix for absorbing excess moisture and odors so you can enjoy sleeping on a fresher, cleaner mattress. Let’s get started.
What you need:
- 1 box of baking soda
- Handheld vacuum or vacuum with tube attachment
- Lavender essential oil
1. Remove all your sheets, and wash them in a hot/warm cycle to reduce allergens and kill bacteria.
2. Add 10 drops of lavender essential oil to your box of baking soda. Cover the opening of the box, and shake it up to distribute the essential oil.
We recommend lavender essential oil since it helps with relaxation and contains antibacterial properties.
2. Sift baking soda over the entire surface of your mattress.
3. Rub the baking soda in, and let it sit for an hour.
4. Vacuum your mattress to eliminate the baking soda.
This will remove dirt, residue, excess moisture, dust mites, and allergens from your mattress.
5. Replace your sheets, and sleep soundly on your fresh, clean mattress.
Protect your mattress for years to come
Try our Ultra Luxe Mattress Protector, designed to be breathable and comfortable. It defends against dust mites, pet dander, allergens, sweat, stains, and other liquids that can damage your mattress.