Effective: June 28, 2023
1 - Overview
Coop Home Goods, LLC (“Coop,” “we,” “us,” “our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting the Personal Information we hold about you. If you have questions, comments, or concerns about this Privacy Notice or our processing of Personal Information, please see the bottom of this Privacy Notice for information about how to contact us. Coop is the data controller of the Personal Information collected, and is responsible for the processing of your Personal Information.
This Privacy Notice explains our practices with respect to Personal Information we collect and process about you. This includes information we collect through, or in association with, our websites with home pages located at https://coopsleepgoods.com/ and https://coop-med-pro.myshopify.com/, our apps that we may provide, our products and services that we may offer from time to time via our website and/or related apps, our related social media sites, or otherwise through your interactions with us (the website, apps, products, services, and social media pages, collectively, the “Services”).
Please review the following to understand how we process and safeguard Personal Information about you. By using any of our Services, whether by visiting our website or otherwise, and/or by voluntarily providing Personal Information to us, you acknowledge that you have read and understand the practices contained in this Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice may be revised from time to time, so please ensure that you check this Privacy Notice periodically to remain fully informed.
2 - Coop-Comphy Merger
3 - Personal Information We Collect
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“Personal Information”). In addition, we may collect data that is not identifiable to you or otherwise associated with you, such as aggregated data, and is not Personal Information. To the extent this data is stored or associated with Personal Information, it will be treated as Personal Information; otherwise, the data is not subject to this notice.
a. How We Use Your Personal Information
We collect and process your Personal Information as part of our business operations, which include:
- Providing, predicting, or performing, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, and processing payments.
- Marketing our products and services to you, including sending you messages about the products and services we offer, which may include contests, rewards, events, and special offers for products and services.
- Communicating with you by email, mail, text message (SMS, MMS), telephone, push notification, and other methods of communication, about products, services, order status, and information tailored to your requests or inquiries.
- Facilitating your engagement with the Services, including to enable you to post comments and reviews, to engage with other customers, and to post on our website.
- Auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and improving the platform experience.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of the services or devices owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the services or devices owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us.
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, rules and requests of relevant law enforcement and/or other governmental agencies, or for other purposes, as permitted or required by law.
- Enforcing our Terms of Service and other usage policies.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, and safety of our users, us, and other third parties.
b. How We Obtain Your Personal Information
We collect your Personal Information from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. When you provide it to us directly whether online, by email, phone; when you create an account to place an order; or we may collect your name, mailing and/or billing address, email, phone number, and payment or credit card information.
- Automatically or indirectly from you. For example, through logging and analytics tools (such as Google Analytics, Meta, Google Ads, Bing Ads, Quantcast, Pinterest, and Shopify), cookies, pixel tags, and as a result of your use of and access to the Services, or through your interactions with us on social media websites (such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn).
- From our Service Providers. For example, business accounting, enterprise resource planning, customer relationship management services (such as NetSuite), e-commerce services and payment processing services (such as Shopify), commercial email providers, security consultants, and other Service Providers we engage.
c. Who We Share Your Personal Information With
- Our Service Providers, (further described in the section in this Privacy Notice captioned “How We Obtain Your Personal Information”
- Our affiliated entities, partners, prospective partners, and service providers in order to provide us and/or our affiliates and partners with information about the use of the Services and levels of engagement with the Services, to allow us to further build our audience and business relationships.
- Government agencies or regulations when permitted or required to do so by law; in response to a request from a law enforcement agency or authority or any regulatory authority; and/or to protect the integrity of the Services or our interests, rights, property, or safety, and/or that of our users and others.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at: Coop Home Goods, 900 N Alameda St., # 86114, Los Angeles, CA 90012
4 - Your Rights Regarding Personal Information
You have certain rights regarding the collection and processing of Personal Information. You may exercise these rights, to the extent they apply to you, by contacting us at the information provided at the end of this Privacy Notice, or by following instructions provided in this Privacy Notice or in communications sent to you.
a. Accessing, Modifying, Rectifying, and Correcting Collected Personal Information
We strive to maintain the accuracy of any Personal Information collected from you, and will try to respond promptly to update our records when you tell us the information in our records is not correct. However, we must rely upon you to ensure that the information you provide to us is complete, accurate, and up-to-date, and to inform us of any changes. Please review all of your information carefully before submitting it to us, and notify us as soon as possible of any updates or corrections.
Depending on the laws that apply to you, you may obtain from us certain Personal Information in our records. If you wish to access, review, or make any changes to Personal Information you have provided to us through the Services, please contact us at the information provided at the end of this Privacy Notice. We reserve the right to deny access as permitted or required by applicable law.
b. Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the previous calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once per year per person, must be sent to the email address below, and are free of charge.
California residents may refer to our California Privacy Notice for more information about their rights.
c. Your Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada law permits our users who are Nevada consumers to request that their Personal Information not be sold (as defined under applicable Nevada law), even if their Personal Information is not currently being sold. Requests may be [sent to the email address below or by submitting the request at email@example.com], and are free of charge.
5 - Your Choices
You have choices about certain information we collect about you, how we communicate with you, and how we process certain Personal Information. When you are asked to provide information, you may decline to do so; but if you choose not to provide information that is necessary to provide some of our Services, you may not be able to use those Services. In addition, it is possible to change your browser settings to block the automatic collection of certain information.
a. Communications Opt-Out. You may opt out of receiving marketing or other communications from us at any time through a given communications channel (such as email or mail) by contacting us as provided at the end of this Privacy Notice. If you wish to opt out by sending us an email to the address provided below, please include “Opt-Out” in the email’s subject line and include your name and the email address you used to sign up for communications in the body of the email. Note that if you do business with us in the future, you may not, subject to applicable law, opt out of certain automated notifications, such as order or subscription confirmations, based on business transactions (e.g., e-commerce).
b. Location Information. If you want to limit or prevent our ability to receive location information from you, you can deny or remove the permission for certain Services to access location information or deactivate location services on your device. Please refer to your device manufacturer or operating system instructions for instructions on how to do this.
c. Cookies, Web Tracking, and Advertising. Consult our Cookie Notice for more information about how to control and/or opt out of certain web tracking technologies and/or advertising providers from collecting information about you
You may opt out of certain tracking technologies through your device’s or browser’s cookie and/or advertising settings (including by blocking, deleting, or restricting cookies, or resetting your device’s applicable advertising ID). Consult your device and/or browser documentation for more information about how to do this.
Please note that blocking, deleting, or restricting cookies may negatively affect the performance or certain functionality of the Services, and opting out of online behavioral advertising will not prevent the delivery of ads, but rather may result in more repetitive and/or less relevant advertisements.
To opt out of many online behavioral advertising mechanisms, including Facebook, Google, and others, you can use the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt-Out service and/or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Choice Tool.
If you would like to opt out of Google Analytics, and certain Google advertising functionality, you may do so using Google’s opt-out tool.
6 - Protecting Personal Information
We use reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and organizational safeguards designed to promote the security of our systems and protect the confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of Personal Information. Those safeguards include: (i) taking steps to ensure Personal Information is backed up and remains available in the event of a security incident; (ii) fraud prevention and proxy detection; (iii) bot attack protection; and (iv) implementing strict need to know guidelines for employee access to Personal Information.
However, no method of safeguarding information is completely secure. While we use measures designed to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will be effective or sufficient. In addition, you should be aware that Internet data transmission is not always secure, and we cannot warrant that information you transmit utilizing the Services is or will be secure.
7 - Retention of Personal Information
We retain your Personal Information to the extent we deem necessary to carry out the processing activities described above, including but not limited to compliance with applicable laws, regulations, rules and requests of relevant law enforcement and/or other governmental agencies, and to the extent we reasonably deem necessary to protect our and our partners’ rights, property, or safety, and the rights, property, and safety of our users and other third parties.
8 - Other Important Information About Personal Information and the Services
a. Collection of Personal Information from Children. Children under 16 years of age are not permitted to use the Services, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 16. By using the Services, you represent that you are 18 years of age or older, or are 16 years of age or older and have valid parental consent to do so.
b. Third-Party Websites and Services. As a convenience, we may reference or provide links to third-party websites and services, including those of unaffiliated third parties, our affiliates, service providers, and third parties with which we do business (such as Amazon). When you access these third-party services, you leave our Services, and we are not responsible for, and do not control, the content, security, or privacy practices employed by any third-party websites and services. You access these third-party services at your own risk. This Privacy Notice does not apply to any third-party services; please refer to the Privacy Notices or policies for such third-party services for information about how they collect, use, and process Personal Information.
c. Business Transfer. We may, in the future, sell or otherwise transfer some or all of our business, operations or assets to a third party, whether by merger, acquisition or otherwise. Personal Information we obtain from or about you via the Services may be disclosed to any potential or actual third-party acquirers and may be among those assets transferred.
d. Do Not Track. We use analytics systems and providers and participate in ad networks that process Personal Information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services, and these systems and providers may provide some of this information to us. We do not currently process or comply with any web browser’s “do not track” signal or similar mechanisms on our https://coopsleepgoods.com/ Our https://coop-med-pro.myshopify.com/ does currently process and comply with web browser “do not track” signals and/or similar mechanisms.
Note, however, that you may find information about how to opt out of Google Analytics, Meta, Google Ads, Bing Ads, Quantcast, Pinterest, and Shopify behavioral advertising, and/or block or reject certain tracking technologies in our Cookie Notice.
e. International Use. Your Personal Information will be stored and processed in the United States. If you are using the Services from outside the United States, by your use of the Services you acknowledge that we will transfer your data to, and store your Personal Information in, the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country, and Personal Information may become accessible as permitted by law in the United States, including to law enforcement and/or national security authorities in the United States.
9 - Modifications and Updates to This Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice replaces all previous disclosures we may have provided to you about our information practices with respect to the Services. We reserve the right, at any time, to modify, alter, and/or update this Privacy Notice, and any such modifications, alterations, or updates will be effective upon our posting of the revised Privacy Notice. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you in the event material changes are made to our processing activities and/or this Privacy Notice, such as by sending you an email. Your continued use of the Services following our posting of any revised Privacy Notice will constitute your acknowledgement of the amended Privacy Notice.
10 - Applicability of This Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice is subject to any agreements, including the Terms of Service that govern your use of the Services. This Privacy Notice applies regardless of the means used to access or provide information through the Services.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to information from or about you collected by any third-party services, applications, or advertisements associated with, or websites linked from, the Services. The collection or receipt of your information by such third parties is subject to their own privacy policies, statements, and practices, and under no circumstances are we responsible or liable for any third party’s compliance therewith.
11 - Additional Information and Assistance
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice and/or how we process Personal Information, please contact us at:
Coop Home Good, LLC
900 N. Alameda Street #86114
Los Angeles, CA 90012