Last updated: June 28, 2023
This California Privacy Notice (“California Notice”) supplements the Privacy Notice and applies solely to visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“consumers” or “you”). Coop Home Goods, LLC adopted this California Notice to comply with California privacy laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act (“CPRA”). Any terms defined in the CCPA and not defined here have the same meaning when used in this California Notice.
I. Notice of Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“Personal Information”). In addition, we may collect data that is not identifiable to you or otherwise associated with you, such as aggregated data, and is not Personal Information. To the extent this data is stored or associated with Personal Information, it will be treated as Personal Information; otherwise, the data is not subject to this notice.
Categories of Personal Information
Within the last twelve (12) months, we have collected the following categories of Personal Information:
- Identifiers. Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, driver’s license number, or other similar identifiers.
- Protected Classifications. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e)), such as name, address, telephone number or credit card number.
- Internet or Network Activity. Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation Data, such as device location.
- Inferences. Inferences drawn from any of the information above to create a profile about an individual reflecting an individual’s preferences and characteristics.
We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information other than those categories listed above. If we intend to collect additional categories of Personal Information, we will provide you with a new notice at or before the time of collection.
Use of Personal Information
We collect and process your Personal Information as part of our business operations, which include:
- Providing, predicting, or performing, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, and processing payments.
- Marketing our products and services to you, including sending you messages about the products and services we offer, which may include contests, rewards, events, and special offers for products and services.
- Communicating with you by email, mail, text message (SMS, MMS), telephone, push notification, and other methods of communication, about products, services, order status, and information tailored to your requests or inquiries.
- Facilitating your engagement with the Services, including to enable you to post comments and reviews, to engage with other customers, and to post on our website.
- Auditing related to a current interaction with the consumer and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance with this specification and other standards.
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity.
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction.
- Undertaking internal research for technological development and improving the platform experience.
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of the services or devices owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the services or devices owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us.
- Complying with applicable laws, regulations, rules and requests of relevant law enforcement and/or other governmental agencies, or for other purposes, as permitted or required by law.
- Enforcing our Terms of Service and other usage policies.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, and safety of our users, us, and other third parties
We will not use the Personal Information we collected for material different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you with notice.
Sources of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information from the following sources:
- Directly from You. When you provide it to us directly whether online, by email, phone; when you create an account to place an order; or we may collect your name, mailing and/or billing address, email, phone number, and payment or credit card information.
- Automatically or indirectly from you. For example, through logging and analytics tools (such as Google Analytics, Meta, Google Ads, Bing Ads, Quantcast, Pinterest, and Shopify), cookies, pixel tags, other tracking tools, as a result of your use of and access to the Services, or through your interactions with us on social media websites (such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn).
- From our Service Providers. For example, business accounting, enterprise resource planning, customer relationship management services (such as NetSuite), e-commerce services and payment processing services (such as Shopify), commercial email providers, security consultants, and other Service Providers we engage.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Within the last twelve (12) months, we have shared the following categories of Personal Information for a business purpose with the following categories of third parties:
- Category 1 (Identifiers): Service Providers and Third Parties.
- Category 2 (Protected Classifications): Service Providers.
- Category 3 (Internet or Network Activity): Service Providers and Third Parties.
- Category 4 (Geolocation Data): Service Providers and Third Parties.
- Category 5 (Inferences): Service Providers and Third Parties.
We also share Personal Information with third parties (i) when we obtain your prior approval or consent; (ii) when required by laws or regulations; (iii) when it is necessary to protect the rights or property of the Company, you or other third parties, and it is difficult to obtain your consent; (iv) when it is necessary for advanced public health or children's healthy development, and it is difficult to obtain your consent; (v) when it is necessary to cooperate with statutory work required by laws and regulations performed by any national or local government office, or their subcontractors, and it is difficult to obtain your consent; or (vi) due to a merger, acquisition, divesture or other strategic business activity.
Do Not Track
We may use analytics systems and providers and participate in advertising networks that process Personal Information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services, and these systems and providers may provide some of this information to us. To prevent Google Analytics from using your information for analytics generally, you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here. However, we do not currently recognize or respond to any web browser’s "do not track” signal or similar mechanisms.
II. Sale or Sharing of Personal Information
The CCPA defines a “sale” as disclosing a California resident’s Personal Information to a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration. Where such disclosure is for cross-context behavioral advertising, whether or not for monetary or other valuable consideration, it qualifies as “sharing” under the CCPA. We use services provided by Google Ads, Bing Ads, Meta, and TikTok that track website visitor activity to help deliver interest-based ads to those visitors. Our use of some of these services may be classified under California law as a “sale” or “sharing” of your Personal Information to the companies that provide the services because they collect Internet or Network Activity information from our users (e.g., device data and online activity data) to help them serve ads more likely to interest you.
Accordingly, we may “sell” or “share,” and have “sold” or “shared” the following categories of Personal Information in the preceding 12 months to our advertising partners for purposes of advertising our Services and business and identifying new customers or potential customers: Identifiers and Internet or Network Activity.
Please see our “Notice of Right to Opt-Out” on our “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” page for more information about your opt-out/in rights. If you are a California resident, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information third parties. To exercise this right, please submit the form on our “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” page or contact us at 1-866-316-1886 or at email@example.com.
We do not knowingly “sell” or “share” the Personal Information of California residents under 16 years of age.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain your Personal Information for no longer than is needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine retention periods include: (i) the length of time we have on an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Services to you; (ii) whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject; and (iii) whether retention is advisable in light of compliance with laws (such as, in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
III. Your California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what Personal Information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the previous calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once per year per person, must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, and are free of charge. However, we do not disclose Personal Information protected under the “Shine the Light” law to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
The CCPA provides California residents with the below rights. For more information about how to exercise your CCPA rights, see the section “Submitting a Verified Consumer Request” below.
- Right to Access: You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the Personal Information we have collected, used, disclosed, and sold about you during the past 12 months.
- Right to Correct: You have the right to request that we correct the Personal Information we maintain about you, if that information is inaccurate.
- Right to Delete: You have the right to request that we delete certain Personal Information we have collected from you.
- Right to Opt-Out of Sale or Sharing: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information or the sharing of your Personal Information for cross-context behavioral advertising purposes.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of your CCPA privacy rights.
Some of our products and services, however, may require your Personal Information. If you choose not to provide your Personal Information that is necessary to provide any aspect of our products or services, you may not be able to use those products or services.
IV. Submitting a Verified Consumer Request
To exercise your Right to Know, to Correct or to Delete, you must provide us with sufficient information to allow us to verify your identity, and describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. Once we receive the information you provide to us, we will review it and determine if more information is necessary to verify your identity as required by law, and we may request additional information in order to do so.
To exercise your California privacy rights described above, please submit a verifiable request to us by submitting the form on our “Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information” page, calling us at 1-866-316-1886 or emailing us at email@example.com.
Only you, or a person authorized by you to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative. We will need to verify your identity with name, address, email address and mobile phone number.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We may deny your request if we are unable to verify your identity or have reason to believe that the request is fraudulent.
Consumer Request by an Authorized Agent
If any authorized agent submits a consumer request on your behalf, we may request additional information to confirm that person or entity’s authority to act on your behalf and to verify the authorized agent’s identity. We require an email be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with all of the below items:
- To verify your authorization to request on behalf of a California resident, provide one or more of the following: (1) California Secretary of State authorization, (2) written permission from the California resident, or (3) power of attorney.
- Sufficient information to verify the authorized agent’s identity, depending on the nature of the request.
- To verify the identity of the California resident for whom the request is being made, provide the information set forth above for verification of the consumer request.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the request’s identity or authority to make the request.
We will acknowledge receipt of the request within ten (10) business days of its receipt. We will respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the receipt of the verifiable consumer request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For Data Portability requests, we will provide the responsive information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily useable format that allows you to transmit the information to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
V. Modifications and Updates to this California Notice
This California Notice replaces all previous disclosures we may have provided to you about our information practices with respect to the services. We reserve the right, at any time, to modify, alter, and/or update this California Notice, and any such modifications, alterations, or updates will be effective upon our posting of the revised California Notice. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you in the event material changes are made to our processing activities and/or this California Notice, such as by posting a notice on the services or sending you an email. Your continued use of the services following our posting of any revised California Notice will constitute your acknowledgement of the amended California Notice.
VI. Additional Information and Assistance
If you have any questions or concerns about this California Notice and/or how we process Personal Information, please contact us at:
Coop Home Good, LLC
900 N. Alameda Street #86114
Los Angeles, CA 90012